We are here for you.
Changes are taking place in our world every day as a result of the rapidly evolving Covid-19 situation. During this challenging time, our hearts and thoughts are with all who have been impacted by this unprecedented global event. We salute all who are doing their part and working hard to ensure that our lives and loved ones are kept safe and sound.
At the British Council, the health, safety and well-being of all our staff, customers, partners and the communities in which we operate is a top priority. We support and cooperate with all local government agencies by putting all necessary measures in place to ensure the continued well-being of all with whom we engage at work, and as responsible corporate citizens of the world.
Additionally, we are doing our best to maximise the learning journeys and cultural connections for all through online resources that are available 24/7 and accessible to all. We remain connected to all our stakeholders through timely communication and technology. Our corporate website is regularly updated and information on the following topics may be found below:
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and stand ready to take actions that put human health and safety at the front and foremost. The situation may place us apart for now but we remain deeply committed to our vision of a more connected world of which everyone is a part.
Our venues will remain open unless advised otherwise to our students and candidates ahead of time. We are monitoring the situation very closely and will continue to take relevant measures in line with the advice of local government agencies in the days ahead. If more information or assistance is required, please call our local office. Our customer service representatives would be happy to help you. For the latest information and resources on protection from the novel coronavirus, please go to the WHO website here .
Thank you for your kind attention in this matter.
Due to the rapid-changing status of the Novel Coronavirus as well as for the main public health, British Council IELTS Test Centre is undertaking overall cleanse and disinfection on a daily basis. In the meanwhile, we are strictly enforcing the regulation of visitors and staff to ensure a secure environment.
The precautionary measures regarding Covid-19 are listed as follows:
– Before the test:
1. Every test taker will receive a confirmation letter, which contains your test venue, test number, and time of your speaking test. You will be asked to bring your passport. Also, starting from 1st April, you are requested to wear a mask during the entire test. Any test taker having a fever higher than 37.5 °C will be asked to leave the test venue.
2. Any test-related equipment (such as desks, chairs, headphones, monitors, keyboards, mice…) will be cleansed and disinfected before the test.
– On the test day:
1. Starting from 1st April, All test takers must wear masks in our test venues. Any violator is forbidden from taking the IELTS test. (The test takers will only be asked to remove masks temporarily for photo identification or other purposes.)
2. All invigilators and examiners are also asked to wear masks during the entire test.
3. Before the listening/reading/writing and speaking tests, all test takers must cooperate with taking a temperature and disinfecting their hands with alcohol. We will disinfect the machine every time during fingerprint scan.
– After the test:
Any test-related equipment (such as used HB pencils, erasers…) will be cleansed and disinfected after the test.
*Please note: Disposable headphone covers will be provided in the test venues of Computer-Delivered IELTS and Paper-Based IELTS with headphone sessions.
If the test takers are stranded due the New Coronavirus, or being confirmed cases or undertaking a quarantine, please contact British Council IELTS Test Centre for the follow-ups.
British Council Taiwan IELTS Test Centre:
Phone +886 (0)2 8722 1039
Fax +886 (0)2 8786 0985