- Please make sure you have received the following documents：
- We will confirmation your username and password for Road to IELTS via the email and SMS that you provided have in the application form. Road to IELTS is a 30-hour online preparation course. You canuse it from the moment of your successful registration until one week after your test date.
- To download the venue map, please visit our IELTS Online Registration System at tw.ieltsasia.org
- In the event of a typhoon, natural disaster, or any other reason beyond our control, the IELTS test will be cancelled if City Governments make the announcement to close government offices in its area.
- Meanwhile, we will notify candidates if the test is postponed or runs as normal via email, SMS, and TV. We will also contact candidates directly on the next working day.
- Please be advised to arrive at the test venue by 7:50AM for a test day briefing. You must arrive at the venue before 8.30am with your passport and a photocopy of your passport to complete your ID check, finger scanning and digital photo taking. Candidates who arrive after 8.30am will be disqualified and will NOT be admitted into the test room. Refunds are not given.
- You must bring the same identity document on the test day as the one recorded on your Application Form. You also must complete finger scanning and digital photograph taking. If you do not do this you WILL NOT BE ALLOWED to take the test, and you will not be eligible for a refund or transfer. Please inform us of any changes to your identity document before the test date.
- You are permitted to take one pencil and one eraser which do not show any English vocabulary or logo on it. Other personal stationery or items (wallet, hat, correction fluid, highlighters etc) are not permitted in the test venue. Personal belongings must be left in the designated area which will be locked once the test begins. Please try not to bring valuables (e.g. earrings or any other accessories )to the test venue as British Council cannot be responsible for these.
- Mobile phones and electronic equipment are strictly prohibited inside the test venue. Please switch them off and leave them with your personal belongings. Violators will be disqualified.
- Enter the test venue immediately after completion of the ID check. Please locate your seat according to your candidate number, and check your information on the desk label.
- Do not leave your seat or speak to any other candidate after entering the test venue. If you have any questions, please raise your hand. You cannot leave the test venue until the end of the test.
For emergencies between 07.15 and 08.45 on Thursday or Saturday morning, or during the period of the speaking test, we can be reached as follows:
Taipei: 0921 899 432
Hsinchu/Taichung: 0921 899 431
Tainan/Kaohsiung: 0921 899 430
- The duration of the written test is approximately three hours. There will be no break. During the test, you are not allowed to go to the toilet or drink water when instructions are being given, in the last fiveminutes of each module, or when the papers are being collected.
- If you are absent on the test day, evidence which has the test date on it must be provided within 5 days of the test date. Only original medical certificates will be accepted and must state inability to appear for the test on the scheduled test date. British Council may postpone or refund based on this evidence.
- The test begins at 09:00am and finishes at approximately 12.00pm
- You must comply with IELTS test administration rules throughout the test and complete the test independently.
- Tell the Invigilator at once by raising your hand if you think you have not been given the right question paper, of if you are in doubt about what you should do.
- Please remember that you will have 10 minutes after the Listening section to fill in your answer sheet. You will not have 10 minutes after the Reading section, so please make sure that you write your answers on your Reading answer sheet as you complete each section.
- Follow the Writing test instructions carefully. Remember that the Writing parts of the test have specific word length requirements. Some questions have suggested time limits for you to follow. Every test room will have a clock on the wall and the invigilator will give candidates time-checks during the test. Stay aware of the time during the test so that you can complete all the questions.
- Please stop writing and put your pencil down when you are instructed to do so. Candidates who fail to do so may be disqualified.
- Your can only use the toilet during reading and writing sections, not whilst the invigilator is giving instructions, after obtaining permission from the invigilator. After using the toilet, you may be requested to undergo a non-intrusive electronic scan by a designated IELTS test day personnel.
- The timetable and venue for the oral test will be announced immediately after the written test.
- Candidates will not be allowed to take the oral test if they do not have a valid passport, or arrive at the speaking venue less than 30 minutes before the scheduled time.
- Speaking test will be held in the period of time that is listed below. The start of first interview is subject to change without prior notice.
- Taipei: 12.30 – 18.30 (Thursday session)；13.30 – 18.30 (Saturdays/Sundays)
- Hsinchu: 13.00 – 18.30 (Saturdays)
- Taichung: 13.00 – 18.30 (Saturdays)
- Tainan: 12.30 – 18.30 (Saturdays)
- Kaohsiung: 12.30 – 18.30 (Thursday and Saturdays)
- You must bring the Valid Passport which was used at the point of registration, along with the desk label. Candidates who do not bring both of them WILL NOT BE ALLOWED to take the test. No refund or change in the test date will be permitted. You need to verify your finger scanning before entering the speaking test venue.
- For quality purposes of the examination environment, please leave the test venue immediately after you complete your speaking test. Please do not discuss the exam contents with other candidates on site.
- If you have a complaint relating to the delivery of the test, you must submit your complaint to the test centre before your results have been issued. British Council and the IELTS Test Partners will not accept complaints relating to the delivery of the test after results have been issued.
- Please keep your desk label secure until you receive your IELTS test report form.
- Results cannot be issued until the complaint has been investigated and resolved to the satisfaction of British Council IELTS Taiwan. No complaint can be processed after your results have been released.
- If you have any suggestions or comments about our IELTS service, or just want to find out more information, please do not hesitate to contact us on 02 8722 1039 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.