IELTS on Paper
IELTS on Computer
The Listening, Reading and Writing sections of all IELTS tests (Paper or Computer-delivered) are completed on the same day. The Speaking test, however, can be completed up to a week before or after the other tests.
We are committed to making sure that IELTS is available to everyone.If you have a special requirement, please register for IELTS on paper, as this format is available worldwide, and caters to all test takers regardless of need.
Please choose the option you are most comfortable with; paper-based or computer-delivered.
What is new about computer-delivered IELTS?
- Faster results – your IELTS results will be available 3-5 days* after the test * Results for Computer-delivered IELTS are usually available in 3 to 5 days after you finish all components of your test. Please note that if the result release day falls on a weekend or a public holiday, the test report form (TRF) will be distributed on the next working day.
- More test sessions – test sessions available throughout the week
- More Speaking test timeslots – speaking timeslots available on the same day for selection
- Last-minute test registration – registration will only close 3 days before the test date, subject to seats availability
- Speaking test will remain to be graded by a trained IELTS Examiner
- Listening – headphones will be provided for the Listening test
What remains the same?
- Question types
- Level of difficulty
- Scoring from 1 (non-user) to 9 (expert user)
- Recognition by over 10,000 organisations worldwide
- Face-to-face Speaking test – conducted and assessed by a trained IELTS examiner